Christmas Morning Crockpot Breakfast
January 1, 2013
For most of my children’s existence (11 years and counting), we have hosted Christmas morning breakfast for their grandparents. The menu has varied over the years, but the tradition has stood and the kids enjoy showing off their new gifts. Usually I make something from scratch that morning, but decided to go the easy route this year. I mashed up a couple of different crock pot bakes into this recipe. We liked it but the recipe needed tweaking due to the cheese burning. This will be great for an opening day deer hunting bake as well. Enjoy!
1 dozen eggs
1 cup milk (add more since the first bake was a little dry)
1 package (32 oz.) of frozen o’brien hashbrowns
1 lb of bacon – cooked, drained and cut into pieces
1 lb of sausage, browned and drained
1/2 cup green onions – diced
1 green pepper – diced
1 pound cheddar cheese – shredded
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
salt & pepper to taste
1. Layer potatoes, bacon, onions, green pepper in the crockpot in two or three layers.
2. Beat the eggs, milk and mustard, salt & pepper together.
3. Pour over the whole mixture.
4. Cook with slow cooker on low for ten to twelve hours or until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked.
5. Put the cheese on top an hour before serving.