Paleo Drunken Noodles
- 1 ½ c spaghetti squash (about half a medium squash)
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- 16 oz frozen shrimp (
- 4 tbs Soy Sauce
- 2 tbs Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbs Fish Sauce
- ½ lime, freshly squeezed juice
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 thai bird's eye chillies, minced (optional)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 red pepper (or 1 large), sliced
- 1 cup Thai basil or Thai Holy Basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine coconut sugar, soy, fish sauce, lime juice, and red pepper flakes. Let the flavors marry while you chop your veggies.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat and add shrimp, salt and pepper. When done, set shrimp aside.
- Add another tbs oil in pan and add garlic and chilies. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add carrots to pan and cover - cook until they turn just slightly softer.
- Add red pepper, onion, thai basil and marinade. Stir-fry for a couple minutes and then add spaghetti squash strands and shrimp. Toss everything together and serve.
- To prepare squash using the oven method
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and add a little oil, salt and pepper to cut sides.
- Place squash cut side down in a baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until you can easily pierce the skin with a knife (cooking time depends on size of squash).